|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Dr. Harold L. Faggart Collection|
|Object Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
|Title||Pennsylvania Dental College|
|Description||Reproduction photograph of a printed photograph of the Garretsonian Hospital Ward. Image shows one individual in one of the ward beds.|
|Print size||8.25" x 10"|
Written on back of board in pencil "Phila Dental College no date"
Stamped at bottom right: "D. Dinats / 2208 South St. / Phila"
Faggart, Dr. Harold L.
|Number of images||1.0|
|Notes on Related Objects||
Rachel Hildebrandt and the Old York Road Historical Society. "The Philadelphia Area Architecture of Horace Trumbauer (Charleston, SC : Arcadia Pub., 2009), p. 89:
Garretson Hospital (originally known as the Hospital of Oral Surgery) was founded in 1879 by Dr. James E. Garretson. A modest hospital building designed by Horace Trumbauer was dedicated on March 2, 1908, one year after the hospital had been acquired by Temple University. In 1921, Temple's founder, Dr. Russell E. Conwell, announced that the tiny hospital would be enlarged, renamed Greatheart Hospital, and moved from its site at Eighteenth and Hamilton Streets. The hospital was absorbed by Temple University Hospital. The Trumbauer-designed building was demolished.
|Photographer||D. Dinats, 2208 South St., Phila.|