|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Collection||Dr. Harold L. Faggart Collection|
|Object Sub-category||Documentary Artifact|
|Title||Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery, - Philadelphia|
|Description||Reproduction photograph of a printed image of the Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery in 1893 at 11th and Clinton Streets.|
|Print size||8.25" x 10"|
Written on back of board in pencil: "1893 - / 11th & Clinton Sts now the Daniel Baugh of the (crossed out) Anatomy"
Stamped at bottom right: "D. Dinats / 2208 South St. / Phila"
Faggart, Dr. Harold L.
|Number of images||1.0|
|Place||11th and Clinton Streets, Philadelphia|
Daniel Baugh Institute history:
The Daniel Baugh Institute was founded in 1911 and endowed by Daniel Baugh, a prominent Philadelphia businessman and very active board member of Thomas Jefferson University. The Institute began as an anatomy research organization, as new methods were driving great progress in that field at the time.
The Daniel Baugh Institute was reformulated when new faculty joined TJU in March, 2000, moving from a Computational Biology Group in the DuPont Company (led by Dr. James Schwaber, pictured below in June, 1999) in order to join collaborators already in the Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, including Drs. Hoek, Knudsen and Kholodenko.
|Photographer||D. Dinats, 2208 South St., Phila.|